The Outreach/Mission Committee works to carry out the Church’s Christian theology of service to others in our community and in the world, placing an emphasis on food, clean water, and re-building programs.
New or Expanded Programs Included:
- Salvation Army Dinners: The youth of First Presbyterian began preparing dinner for the S. A. on a quarterly basis.
- Guatemala Medical Mission: A very active free daily medical clinic has been added to our annual Living Waters for the World mission.
- Disaster relief activities: A group went to the Baton Rouge area in September to offer relief help to two homes following the catastrophic flooding in July.
- Youth Outreach: The Youth are doing a variety of outreach projects on a monthly basis.
Continued programs: Active participation and/or financial support:
- Living Water for the World: The mission conducted water purification system upgrades and repairs and included a new on-going medical mission. We now have installed 15 water systems in Guatemala and 1 in Cuba.
- Hill T.O.P.
- Church After School Association uses our gymnasium free of charge.
- Operation Christmas Child: 110 OCC boxes were donated in 2016.
- Salvation Army
- Saints Brew, Helping Hands, St. Luke’s Food Pantry
- Two Cents a Meal Collections
- Benevolence support – In addition to above: Alpha House, Shepherd’s Center, Faith Haven, Boys and Girls Club, Catch Kids, Safe, Antone Tannehill Good Samaritan Free Clinic, Sanctuary Hospice House.